Baby Doll is defined as any age pre-toddler (usually <12 months old.)
Child Doll is defined any age from toddler through early childhood (under 10 years old.)
2019 Theme: Your Favorite Holiday!
General Rules for Both Challenges
The doll may be from a pattern or made from your own original design. Also, the Doll must be made for this challenge and have never been entered in any other competition. Do not post the doll anywhere online until the challenge is over. The voting is based on anonymous entries.
Important Note... If your doll is an original, please indicate this in the description. If it is from a pattern, whether "tweaked" or not, list the designer's name and pattern name as well.
The doll may have supporting accessories either made or purchased (i.e. toys, stuffed animal, etc.) Please indicate in your description if the accessories are made or purchased.
A maximum of 2 entries per dollmaker is allowed in each Challenge. So you may enter 4 dolls... 2 Baby Dolls and 2 Child Dolls.
Send a short note indicating you are going to enter and your skill level along with your e-mail address to us letting us know you will be making a doll. E-Mail entry information to firstname.lastname@example.org. This way we can contact you with any updates. Next, make your doll/dolls! Have fun and be as creative as you wish!
On or before June 15th, participants need to send to email@example.com the following:
1) 3 photos of their entry.
NOTE: Please take the best photos possible and include 3 different pictures... Ideas for pictures... Front Shot, Side Shot, Back Shot, Close-up of Face, Close up of other feature, etc. Please remember... the photos are what everyone votes on so make sure they are clear and representative of the doll and anything special on the doll.
2) Your Doll's Name (May include a 4 or 5 word sub-title if needed to emphasize your theme)
This should be a description of the actual doll which includes the designer's name (yourself or designer of pattern), anything special you did in making the doll, info on clothing (home made or from pattern or purchased) and similar information about any supporting items.
4) Additional Infomation (Optional)
This may include a short story, quote, history or anything you feel will help define or explain your entry. This will be display along with description.
*** Important NOTE... The Description and Additional Information must be a combined 200 words or less. You may split the words between the description and additional information whichever way you wish. You may double check your word count by using the online program we use to verify the number of words - Click HERE.
5) Also include the Dollmaker's Full Name and Address (e-mail and snail mail - these WILL NOT be posted on the web) as well as the Category (Skill Level) you feel they belong. Include a short statement as why you feel you belong in the specific skill category. (Please note that the sponsors have
the final decision as to which skill level a dollmaker belongs.)
SEND #1 - #5 to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before
- Doll may be any size!
- This is the first challenge for the Doll. The doll must not have been entered in any other challenge or competition and must be made for this challenge.
- Doll may be an Original Design or from a pattern (with credit given to designer)
- Clothes can be made or purchased (must note in description)
- Molded Fabric faces OK
- Doll Net is a family friendly site so doll must have private parts covered/clothed.
- Armature OK
- Entries form Non-USA Countries Welcome
- Deadline is June 15th 2019
- Doll must be made for this challenge and never entered in another challenge or contest.
- Contact and Entry e-mail is... email@example.com
The Entered Pictures will be posted on the web several days after the closing date without the dollmakers name for a short time period. During this time visitors will be able to vote for their favorite doll in each category. The judges will also be voting at this time.
Winners will be announced several days after voting is concluded. Time is needed to count votes and update webpages.
To join the challenge please send a short note
and your skill level along with your e-mail address
to firstname.lastname@example.org This way we can contact you with any updates.