Baby Doll is defined as any age pre-toddler (usually <12 months old.)
An older male or female doll.
We are all in this challenging time together... please make and enter dolls that represent your country, region and/or culture!
There is no theme for this challenge. Your choice!
General Rules for Both Challenges
The doll may be from a pattern or made from your own original design. Also, the Doll must be made for this challenge and never been entered in any other competition. Do not post the doll anywhere online until the challenge is over. The voting is based on anonymous entries.
- Include a picture of your doll partially made with a card sized note included in the picture. The note paper should have the following written on it... "2020 DOLL"
This is to verify the doll was made for this year's challenge. Thank you.
Important Note... If your doll is an original, please indicate this in the description. If it is from a pattern, whether "tweaked" or not, list the designer's name and pattern name as well.
The doll may have supporting accessories either made or purchased (i.e. toys, stuffed animal, etc.) Please indicate in your description if the accessories are made or purchased.
A maximum of 2 entries per dollmaker is allowed in each Challenge. So you may enter 4 dolls... 2 Baby Dolls and 2 Seasoned Citizen Dolls.
Send a short note indicating you are going to enter and your skill level along with your e-mail address to us letting us know you will be making a doll. E-Mail entry information to email@example.com. This way we can contact you with any updates. Next, make your doll/dolls! Have fun and be as creative as you wish!
On or before June 15th, participants need to send to firstname.lastname@example.org the following:
1) 4 photos of their entry.
NOTE: Please take the best photos possible and include 3 different pictures... Ideas for pictures... Front Shot, Side Shot, Back Shot, Close-up of Face, Close up of other feature, etc. Please remember... the photos are what everyone votes on so make sure they are clear and representative of the doll and anything special on the doll.
-. "2020 DOLL"
2) Your Doll's Name (May include a 4 or 5 word sub-title if needed to emphasize your theme)
This should be a description of the actual doll which includes the designer's name (yourself or designer of pattern), anything special you did in making the doll, info on clothing (home made or from pattern or purchased) and similar information about any supporting items.
4) Additional Infomation (Optional)
This may include a short story, quote, history or anything you feel will help define or explain your entry. This will be display along with description.
*** Important NOTE... The Description and Additional Information must be a combined 200 words or less. You may split the words between the description and additional information whichever way you wish. You may double check your word count by using the online program we use to verify the number of words - Click HERE.
5) Also include the Dollmaker's Full Name and Address (e-mail and snail mail - these WILL NOT be posted on the web) as well as the Category (Skill Level) you feel they belong. Include a short statement as why you feel you belong in the specific skill category. (Please note that the sponsors have
the final decision as to which skill level a dollmaker belongs.)
SEND #1 - #5 to email@example.com on or before
- Doll may be any size!
- For Seasoned Citizen Challenge cloth stump dolls or busts are considered dolls and can be entered. For the Baby Doll Challenge a full baby doll must be entered.
- This is the first challenge for the Doll. The doll must not have been entered in any other challenge or competition and must be made for this challenge.
-. "2020 DOLL"
- Doll may be an Original Design or from a pattern (with credit given to designer)
- Clothes can be made or purchased (must note in description)
- Molded Fabric faces OK
- Doll Net is a family friendly site so doll must have private parts covered/clothed.
- Armature OK
- Entries form Non-USA Countries Welcome
- Deadline is June 15th 2020
- Do not post pictures of you doll on Facebook or other places until after the Challenge is over.
- Contact and Entry e-mail is... firstname.lastname@example.org
The Entered Pictures will be posted on the web several days after the closing date without the dollmakers name for a short time period. During this time visitors will be able to vote for their favorite doll in each category. The judges will also be voting at this time.
Winners will be announced several days after voting is concluded. Time is needed to count votes and update webpages.
To join the challenge please send a short note
and your skill level along with your e-mail address
to email@example.com This way we can contact you with any updates.